CONTACT & FAQ
1. You do not need to be home for roof installation.
2. The roofing crew for full roof installation will arrive between 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. to start.
3. Driveway needs to be clear for shingle delivery and debris container which will be onsite until completion.
4. If having additional home improvement work performed (gutter installation, trim wrap, etc.), it will be scheduled for after roof installation.
5. Payment is due in full upon completion. Workmanship guarantee/warranty and/or material warranty is not active until payment has been made in full.
6. If it is raining on the scheduled installation date, you will be contacted for rescheduling.
7. GAF TL HD Shingle Colors can be viewed at: https://www.gaf.com/en-us/roofing-products/residential-roofing-products/shingles/timberline/architectural/timberline-hd
- Your roof is the most important part of your home. It has the greatest amount of exposure to the elements and is usually the least maintained.
- As the roof begins to age, periodic care is needed.
- If problems are evident inside the home, this means problems are potentially worse on the roof. Most roof damage occurs before anyone at ground level notices. The following are signs that your roof (or parts of it) may need repair/replacing.
• Shingles – buckling, curling or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
• Loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
• Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
• Inspect the area around pipes and interior of the chimney – check interior walls and ceilings for water damage.